Scroll down for lesson plans, posters and other resources for teaching
What does Gender Equality mean?
- End all forms of discrimination against all women and girls everywhere.
- End all forms of violence against women and girls, including sex trafficking and other forms of exploitation.
- End all practices and traditions that may impair the physical, mental and sexual health of women and girls.
- Recognize and value women’s work at home. Encourage women and girls to have equal opportunities to be heard and to have real opportunities to participate in all political, economic and public spheres.
- Protect women’s rights to sexual and reproductive health.
- Promote policies and laws to ensure gender equality including reforms to give women equal access to ownership and control over land and other forms of property, financial services, inheritance, and natural resources.End all forms of discrimination against all women and girls everywhere